Invitation

If you are a dreamer, come in,
If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar,
A hope-er, a pray-er, a magic bean buyer ...
If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire
For we have some flax-golden tales to spin.
Come in!
Come in!

- Shel Silverstein

Sunday, October 29, 2006

A statement of purpose

Hi everybody. I've been meaning to do this for quite some time ... "this" being start a place where I could put my writing up for anyone to see it. I put it off for a long time because a piece of me thought it would somehow be "self-serving" and that no one would read it.

On the first matter: I've come to some realizations lately that have made me believe in my core that the only part of "myself" it would be serving would be my love for the people in my life and a desire to be closer to them. For those who know me, you know I'm not about self-promotion. Moving away from your roots and your comfort zone can get lonely at times -- and I'd like an honest avenue to let people know what's going on in my life -- in the hopes that they'll feel comfortable enough to let me know about theirs.

On the second matter: I'm trying to base my decisions these days around my work ethic and my heart -- rather than from some ill-founded fear of failure. We'll see where it gets me ... and I'm hoping people will read.

So, the first post is something I wrote about 2 months back (given the dated material). But yea, I think it's a beginning, and a fitting one.

Thanks for taking your time to read. Any, and ALL feedback is not just ok, it's needed and fully yearned for.

No comments: